November 10, 2011

Happy Gurunanak Jayanti

Thank you guys. I love you all.

Thanks for adding insult and then rubbing salt into injury. Yeah, I know I totally missed today's trading holiday but why none of you were prompt enough to remind me of it before 09:15? Tell... tell...

Anyways... this situation has inadvertently given us something to discuss. What to do when we have a trading holiday between the week or what to do on Friday? To be honest, I don't prefer carrying any one sided trades over the weekend (particularly these days) unless I am in driving seat. This compulsion comes in two forms; once when I am very sure about the trade and also definitely have adequate hedge against any End of the World event. Second when my trades s**k so bad already that things can only get better from that point onward...

As for trading holidays... we can take them on case to case basis. In these uncertain times I would have closed my position yesterday only; after being content with 50% profit. But that was because I did not fully hedge my position. I would never do so in case of an off day or weekend and will always remain prepared for any adverse move. Luckily for me, this may not be a costly miss.

There are mixed signals from Europe and US Markets are marginally up. If things don't become hunky dory in US suddenly overnight then we are still in the game.

Ideally I would love to get into a Straddle or Strangle (with Negative Bias) tomorrow for carrying it over the weekend as things are very interesting in West. What Strike Price to choose depends on how the markets fare tomorrow. Whatever happens, we can expect a decent move on either side on Monday as weekend is too long a time not to happen anything.

Happy Trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment