March 13, 2012

Rail Budget Tomorrow

As I had promised, I am back with budget special posts. Tomorrow Mr. Dinesh Trivedi will present his first Rail Budget. Apart from some new Trains, I guess Fares will be hiked first time since 2003. There is also a possibility that some kind of Safety Cess may be born tomorrow to improve security situation of our trains.

I am listing some of the stocks that are watched around rail budget.

  • Titagarh Wagons
  • Kalindee Rail
  • Kernex Microsystem
  • Stone India
  • Texmaco Rail

Now, I do not follow any of these stocks fundamentally but we can definitely look at the charts.




Kernex is already anticipating positives from budget and has been going up for last 3-4 days. Kalindee and Titagarh have not shown any particular budget related moves.

I would not like to trade any of these stocks with the budget. I would rather play on NIFTY which looks good after bouncing from the support mentioned in earlier posts.


I would not be surprised if NIFTY as a whole moves in positive direction as compared to individual stocks. I may open a small position on the Long Side depending on the general tone of the budget speech if it sounds rational and does not utter too many populist things to start with.

All this is too uncertain but one thing is very likely... Railway Budget may arrive in Parliament tomorrow in a suitcase and not in a bag like last three years.

I will be back with a more definitive post on General Budget soon.

Happy Trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment