July 01, 2012

Attempted Trading Post

Hello friends, my apologies for not being able to make post 4 of Moving Averages. Been busy this entire weekend. However I am trying to at least keep the second post promise and though I have not got sufficient time to look at the charts in details, I am just posting what I think will unravel in the July series.

What a start we had for July series on Friday. Few would have expected (including me) that markets will cheer so much the announcements from new FM. As I had mentioned in last post that MMS (ManMohan Singh) had made all the right noises and even the clarity on few announcements by PranabDa will help. Also Euro Summit happened over the weekend and though I would have loved to make a detailed post on it's outcome the time is not on my side. In a nutshell, many people think (in Europe) that out of 20 odd Europe Summits so far since the problem started, only this summit probably not only met but also exceeded the expectations. Now, me thinks, the primary reason for this is the inherently low expectations that everyone had this time. Also though Angela Merkel was vocally against shared liability of Eurozone debt, she also understands that there are not many options left. Anyways what happened in Brussels is expected to prop up the markets at least in the short term so expect another rally tomorrow.

As for the trading; I believe that though we may see the rally in equities to continue, it may be short lived. If I have to trade, I would probably wait for the market to go up tomorrow and would like to bet on to a correction. This definitely carries a risk that market may continue to go up. It also carries the risk that the correction may not happen in time for July series.


The best way to cut risk is to buy a PUT Option at 5300 or 5400 Strike if you agree with my thinking. Right now 5300 Put Option is around 105 Rs and 5400 Put Option is around 160. I will probably wait for markets to gain tomorrow so that these prices drop and depending on the level of the markets and price of these two Option will do a quick break-even calculations and based on my risk appetite get in to one of them. Needless to say Options is a risky business and will not play it beyond my risk money.

Please note that this is not a investment or trading advice. It is only my personal thought process on what I would do if I trade tomorrow. I have been wrong more often than not and lost money. Please do not treat this as an advice and do not blame me for your decisions.

Finally, I would like to say that I am really really disappointed that no comments on my earlier post. Probably that is also one of the reason I could not write MA post 4. So this time do not let me down and let me know what you think of this post. Also its been long that I took any feedback from you guys so it would be great if you can let me know if you want any changes in the way this blog is shaping up. Will be waiting for your suggestions. Happy trading.

Disclosure: Been very busy so may not get time to trade at all. Right now I do not have any trading positions open.

6 comments:

  1. Oh thanks sweety.. sorry for letting you down... ya i understand u shd know someone is reading this then only you will be sure that ur work is fruitful. i think ur view is correct. lets see what happens... My dear, for freshers to markets like me, we may need still a detailed post on trading.. i understand u had less time .. but really appreciate your commitment to your followers sweet heart... Kaash i had good frend like you with big brians

    ReplyDelete
  2. didiiii thanks for the post... so many of my frnds read ur posts.. but idiots they are not leaving a single comment... aaeee meri naalaayak dosthoo atleast thanks tho bolo after reading the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry yaar.. will write freom now... madam thanks a lot ... we have read all ur posts and we are waiting for more..thanks for all these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am also in .. thanks for the nice post didii

    ReplyDelete
  5. arey yaar am commenting a lot in college so thought will not do it here.. dear ethical trader just kidding .. thnaks a lot for all ur posts.. we frends follow ur blog closely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the nice post.. waiting for part 4

    ReplyDelete