October 13, 2011

Sorry friends... been busy.


My endless apologies for this break in posting. But I have multiple reasons;

First, since Saturday I am in Panchagani along with my full Project team undergoing training. I could have still managed an earlier post but for the rumour that Aamir Khan is in Panchagani and one of my friend literally dragged me to his Bungalow here every evening. Sad for her and for me too (though for different reasons) we did not get to have a cuppa latte with him.

Another reason is my Tata Photon just wouldn’t work here and right now too I am working with the borrowed connection from my PM (She is a real nice lady).

One unbearable thing (at least for first two days) is lack of update from market. Not that I had any open positions but was not even able to check market direction barring today.

However, today I strongly felt that such break once in a while is a damn good thing. You can put lot of things in perspective.

Just to elaborate what I mean, I read an article somewhere which was something like, World, as we know it, is going to end but I am not worried. Author says, doomsayers have long been predicting apocalypse for the markets for every possible reason. It was thought that after Lehman collapse, we will be stuck there forever. Dubai world, Ireland default were supposed to be extremely dangerous for world markets. Japan Tsunami was something of a bear conspiracy to keep the market subdued for long.

What happened? All these events created panic for sure. Today also things are more or less same with Dubai or Ireland but markets are not talking about them. Today we have new favourites… Greece, Euro zone, US debt ceiling, China housing collapse, etc. So either we really like the bad news (and get tired of it very soon too) or we simply do not understand markets enough. I will vote for second option any time of the day.

Summing it up, Greece too will probably pass either with a bailout from Euro zone, through a default or through a break-up from Euro. Question is, in larger scheme of things, how much long lasting difference it will make or Markets will simply shrug it after momentary hiccups and carry on with business as usual? Remains to be seen and we will see it together and we will ride it together.

Another apology for this rather philosophical and loud thinking post in between which must be the effect of Yoga and Pranayam training we are having every morning. I will surely post another sooner than you think. Please bear with me for this turbulence till this Sunday. I will get wonderful and extremely fresh straw-berries for you from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment