October 13, 2011

Lets summarize...


I told you that I will be posting real soon and you thought that I was joking... huh?
Since I am short on resources here, I thought I will use this opportunity (just learned today that every difficulty is opportunity… no kidding) to summarise our journey so far.

Well, those of you who have not been with me since start, we started with answering the question; Why Options? and then understanding What are Options? Then we checked on various terms and their meanings in option definitions, more definitions and then some more. We discussed terms such as underlying, premium, strike, expiry date. We also touched upon lot sizes and various underlying and their lot sizes.

We then got started with very important Option Pricing and Option Pricing. No, its not a typo. We actually did two posts on that. Then came the turn of variation of premium as the expiry date approaches.

At this point we have had enough of fundas and we started with trading strategies like Buying a Call, Buying a Put and then simple yet very effective Long Straddle and Long Strangle.

Never mind if you have missed any of above. However, I will strongly advise... rather insist that you read this as you follow this blog.

Looking back, I never thought that I will reach this far but we have covered lot of ground and I am really proud of this blog. I promise that I will make up for lost time and will surely write a post tomorrow which will take our discussion forward. Keep waiting for straw-berries...

No comments:

Post a Comment